Phase One: Christmas Eve Morning at Mom & Dad's
My brother, John, has been living in Brooklyn for the past couple of years, and is now returning to help out on the ranch. He and a buddy left New York Monday morning to drive across the country. We enjoyed the vicarious road-trip via Facebook, and were all on the edge of our seats as to whether he would make it for Christmas when he got stuck in snowstorms in New Mexico. But thankfully, he arrived safely as the sun came up on Christmas Eve morning!
The kids enjoyed opening thier presents and Mom made a delicious brunch, including three different quiches... Mmmm. Nicole also came down and joined us, which was really fun.
Chrishy and the babies
All the kids had a present outside from Santa. Eden got a bike.
Eric also got a bike.
Sophie got a shopping cart.
Jake got a wagon.
Eric fake smiling.
Handsome guy.
All the gifts John gave this year he got from different stops along the way on his drive. They got a coon-skin cap, Indian drum, slingshot, rubberband gun, feather headdress and more.
Also this sombrero.
Phase Two: Christmas Eve Dinner at Dave & Linda's
This is where we get to enjoy a lot of traditional Swedish foods like cabbage rolls, Swedish meatballs and some sort of fish jello which I have yet to try (I hear it's lovely, though). I did not take any pictures here.
Phase Three: Christmas Eve Service at Church
I had nursery duty this year, and it was nice to get to stay with the boys and listen to the Christmas music over the loudspeakers. Christian and another guitarist played "Silent Night" for the candle lit portion of the service, like they do every year. What a beautiful tradition!
Phase Four: Christmas Eve Dessert at Gramma's
After we got back from church we all reconvened at Gramma's house for dessert, coffee, mulled wine and a gift exchange. This is always really special, because it's something we've done since I was little. The kids did great, even though we didn't get home until after 11pm. (Again, no pictures)
Phase Five: Christmas Morning at Home
The four of us celebrated together on Sunday morning.
Green Ring-Pop!
Just Chillin'
Eric took a break from presents to read his new book.
When I was little I had this game, "Marble Madness". I absolutely loved it and so far the boys do too!
Phase Six: Christmas Morning at Bob & Wilma's
Then we headed down to San Marcos to celebrate with Christian's side of the family. The McCarthy branch was sick, so we missed seeing them. Paul and his girlfriend were in town from Portland, and the kids liked playing with them. After gifts we ate a yummy brunch. Then we had some down time before dinner. I took the boys for a drive so they would get some naps.
Cousins playing so nice together!
Princess Jake borrowed his cousin's tiara.
A little pooped.
Phase Seven: Christmas Dinner at Bob & Wilma's
The Farmers came back and we all enjoyed a delicious prime rib dinner to cap off the holiday festivities!
What a busy and wonderful weekend we had remembering our many gifts, and the One who gave them to us!


No comments:
Post a Comment