Wednesday, December 12, 2012

37 weeks, 6 days

This pregnancy is rapidly (and sloooowly) nearing its end, so I thought I'd check in. I am in the very uncomfortable stage, with a lot of pain in my hip area. I have been limping around like an old person for a week or so :) Other than that though, we are good. Baby is healthy and content and growing well. (Although Jacob is CONVINCED and has told us on a number of occasions that she will not have legs or feet when she is born)

I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I'm about 1cm and 70% effaced. This change all occurred since my previous appointment a week ago, which prompted him to say, "Let's really try to keep her in for another week, rather than 3-4 days." The boys have been sick and I feel like maybe I'm getting it, so it would be better for all of us - especially the baby - if we can bring her home to a healthy/semi-rested house.

We are planning to have a birthday party for Eric this weekend, so it would be nice if she came right after that... But of course, this is not my decision! :)


No comments: