The title of this post is a quote from a new blog I've been reading (many of you probably are, it's the lady who wrote the "Don't Carpe Diem" essay that's been all over the internet lately). This line really hit me and has been in my mind since I read it.
Knee deep in Cheerios and gratitude...
Life can get a little nuts sometimes with two very energetic boys, and I get frustrated about how little I am accomplishing during the day. But this was such a beautiful description to me of this phase of life that I'm in.
My "word for the year" is lovely. This came from Philipians 4:8, which says "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is
excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." I am trying to think about and pay attention to the lovely things in life this year.
In the Don't Carpe Diem essay, Glennon talks about the Kairos moments that transcend normal time. The precious snipets of time when you stop and savor the overwhelming blessings you have been given. So, over the past week or so, I have been trying to pay attention to and remember those Kairos moments. Some may not fit the definition perfectly, but these are just some things I have been thanking the Lord for lately...
~ When Jake wakes up from a nap and Eric says, "Good morning, Sweet Jakey!"
~ Eric's haircut that makes his ears stick out even more (just like his Momma).
~ When I put my cold feet on Christian in bed at night, he is always warm.
~ When Jake walks around signing "all done", but it just looks like jazz-hands.
~ The boys played together in their room for 15 minutes and noone cried!
~ The word "twelve-teen".
~ The four person snuggle pile in our bed every morning.
~ How much joy Jake gets from a hat to play with.
~ When Eric runs over and says, "I love you, Mom" in the middle of playing outside.
~ The way Jake pats my back when he gives me a hug.
~ The dirty, sweaty, peanut buttery smell of boy.
How about you? Any kairos moments today?
3 comments:
I love that you took that blog post and did something with it. Thanks for sharing your kairos moments. :)
Just had one, right after reading your post earlier this evening.
I'm rocking my feverish little Josiah back to sleep, while the glow from the hallway light shines upon Owen's sleeping face in the bed next to where I'm rocking J. And my eyes fill with tears and I think, "I'm the mom of these two precious sleeping boys. Thank you God for this amazing moment!"
Thanks for sharing your moments, Jenny!
Love your blog!! You do such a wonderful job putting your feelings into words. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment