Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Holidays Begin!

The boys and I kicked off the holiday season this afternoon by making cookies. Not just any cookies, Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies. And they are goooood. If you ask me.

The boys were excited to try out their new Home Depot aprons from Oma.



Jake just used his as a Goldfish holder.

When we got to the "stuff with caramel" step, I tasted one of the caramel cremes I had bought because it was all they had at Albertsons. Turns out those things are disgusting, so we hopped in the car to go get real caramels. I thought Daniel's Market would be the quickest, but I has horribly wrong... We were stopped on the 76 forever. We sang Christmas carols and Eric took a nap. Thankfully, Daniel's had them, and the boys each picked a fruit to keep them happy on the drive home.

Jake chose a pear, Eric picked an orange

We came home and finished the cookies and now I'm trying not to eat them all before tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Those cookies sound good!