Saturday, July 9, 2011

Little Fish

This afternoon I looked at the clock and saw it was only 3pm (I thought it felt more like 5pm). I decided that was waaay too long ‘til bedtime and we needed to go somewhere! We decided to run over to the ranch and go swimming at Gramma’s. It was really only Eric’s third time swimming this year, but he is a natural! He gets those water-wings on and he can swim all around the pool by himself. He also jumps into the pool from the edge (over and over, and with great abandon). He had a blast and so did Jake, though he was a little more mellow about it. He was so relaxed floating around, every once in a while he’d lay his head down like he was going to go to sleep.

Swimming to the edge
Posted by Picasa

Wheeeee!

We rolled the windows down in the car on this nice, hot afternoon and stopped to pick peaches and plums on the way off the ranch. I love taking my kids to the same pool where I learned how to swim, and letting them do some of the same fun things… Including going down to get cookies from Gramma after our swim!

1 comment:

Gail said...

That is awesome, Jenny. I love to hear that you have those good memories, and that now you are sharing them with your own children.