Friday, April 29, 2011

Jacob 6 month check-up

Even though he's actually 7 months tomorrow, we had his 6 month doctor appointment today. We had a nice visit with the doctor and Jake is just as healthy as can be. He is 2' 4.5" tall (91%) and weighs 22 lb 14 oz (97%) (I love it that the doctor gives me a print-out of this info, because there's no way I would remember it otherwise).

Chewing a piece of the paper that covers the table.
He tore that thing to shreds :)

These days Jake is changing a lot. He has mastered the "army crawl" and he is fast! He races around, chasing Eric, or the dog, or the vacuum. He likes to make noise. He started with the "bu bu" sound, then "ma ma" (yes!), and today started with "da da". I know he doesn't know what it means, but we'll just pretend he knows all our names. :)

He has been sitting up by himself for a few weeks, but yesterday started sitting himself up, when he is laying on the floor. He makes a clicking sound with his tongue, which he thinks is hilarious, and does all the time. His hair still grows straight up and out. I've already cut it 3 or 4 times.

He's eating fruits and veggies twice a day, in addition to cereal and nursing. We got the okay to try meats today, so we'll see how he likes them (E hated meat of any kind untill he was almost 18 months).

We love our sweet Jakey!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a chunkaliscious cutie he is.

BTW, I must know: what is that fun and funky font on the title of your blog? :)

Christian and Jenny said...

It's from picnik.com Called Laundromat 1967. They have lots of fun ones on there! :)