The pharmacy on our kitchen counter
Let me start with a disclaimer that we are blessed with normally strong and healthy children. We have it pretty good and I know that our situation is nothing compared to so many others. And I know we're not the only ones dealing with this, lots of people have it bad this year. I just need to whine a minute...
That being said, I am so sick of being sick!! The runny noses, headaches, earaches, fevers, coughs, throwing up, crankiness, waiting in doctor's offices, sleepless nights, Kleenex, keeping track of medication...
The past month has been a little rough around here. It all started out at the end of February with pink eye and thrush, then grew from there. Eric and Jake had sinus and double ear infections respectively, so they did a round of antibiotics. This is when we discovered Jake's amoxicillin intolerance, and the doctor saw that his ears weren't clearing up.
Christian and I have also been sick off and on and the background soundtrack to all of this was poor Peaches crying all the time and worrying about her.
We went back in Wednesday and all three of the kids have ear infections, so they all got an antibiotic (3 different ones) and probiotic to take at a million different times a day. Poor Lela also has a yucky cough that freaks her out every time it happens AND I noticed this morning that the antibiotics have brought back the ever loving thrush!! Come on!
Ok, that's all. I am also thankful for lots of things. Medicine, doctors, and LOTS of downtime :)
And I am marking my calendar for next November to start overdosing on vitamin C and wash hands obsessively.
No comments:
Post a Comment