We have been together for 12 yrs and went on our first date 15 years ago (!?)
We were married on May 8, so this is our "Golden Anniversary" (when I said this to Christian he insisted that was only for birthdays, but I'm still calling it that). I am forevermore singing the praises of our boys, so I thought today I'd sing the praises of my sweet husband! To say I love him as much as I did the day I married him would be ridiculous. 8 years ago I didn’t have a clue! And compared to Me-8-Years-From-Now, I’m sure I still don’t. Anyway, here are just 8 things I love and appreciate about this guy right now (aside from the obvious ones like he’s fun to be with, super talented and smokin’ hot :)).
#1 - He's Nice - This may seem trite or silly but it's not. There is a quote that says "If he's nice to you but rude to the waiter, he's not a nice guy.” This is a really big one to me. Christian truly is a nice guy - to waiters, drive-thru workers, store clerks, random people. It's something I seriously love about him.
#2 - Good Dad - I love that we are equally "in to" our kids. He is patient, encouraging and affectionate. I also love that my kids look and act like him - seeing Eric's determination and perfect feet and Jake's little temper and the cute gap between his teeth makes me love Christian that much more. These boys are so blessed to have a dad who loves them as fiercely and deliberately as Christian does!
#3 - Pancakes - The guy will seriously make pancakes at the drop of a
hat.
#4 - Says “Sorry” – Christian has always been really good at saying he’s sorry. He’s quick to admit when he’s wrong and always comes around after an argument and wants to make things right.
#4 - Says “Sorry” – Christian has always been really good at saying he’s sorry. He’s quick to admit when he’s wrong and always comes around after an argument and wants to make things right.
#6 - Loves the Lord - I love the way Christian
honestly and openly works through his faith with me and encourages me in mine.
I am truly blessed by his heart and desire for God.
So there you go. Just 8 reasons why I am so thankful today to be sharing my life with this guy. My best friend. I love you, Christian!
…did I mention he’s super hot??
No comments:
Post a Comment