Monday, April 9, 2012

Eric's Book of Dinosaurs



A few months ago I got a coupon for a free 8x8 photo book from shutterfly.com ($29.99 value). I had forgotten about it until they sent me an email that it was expiring at midnight that night. I am pretty unorganized with my photos right now and I know I eventually want to do larger photo books for each year/kid, etc. but I didn’t really want a single 8x8 book about March or a random event… So I had the idea to make Eric his very own dinosaur book!

We collected one of each type of dino from his basket and took them outside. Then we staged them in the yard by the rocks and weeds. Eric had so much fun coming up with ways to pose them. He put a dinosaur skeleton toy next to the T-Rex like he was eating it and made sure the plant-eaters had plants nearby. We also made a lake for the fish-eater and the swimming dinos. The Pteranadon even looks like it’s sitting in a nest!


Then I just put the pictures on my computer and used Picasa to crop them to squares and add each dinosaur’s name (hopefully I identified and spelled them all correctly!). This type of book is Eric’s favorite right now, so he’s been so excited checking the mail each day to see if it came, and today it finally did!

I want to make one for Jake, too. Maybe from photos of his favorite things? Or favorite people? Or to help him learn some new words? Or we could make up a story and take pictures to go along with it… The possibilities are endless!



(These are the pages from the book)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome. LOVE IT!!!

Danae said...

Wow! This is amazing especially posing, taking the pictures, setting up the pix, and creating the book to beat the midnight deadline!