It's been a while, so I'll catch up with what the boys have been up to. I get confused by which pictures I've already put on facebook, so there will be some repeats for any of you who are my fb friends.
*JACOB*
Jacob is just shy of 6 months. He's still a big boy and continues to be Mr. Jolly. He has a constant river of drool flowing from his mouth, and he working hard to get some teeth cut. So far no luck!
He's getting ready to crawl, squirming all over the floor and getting up on his knees. He's in the fun "chatty" cooing phase (ahem, 5:00am is his favorite time to practice), and his favorite sound is "bu-bu-bu". We tell Eric he is saying "Bubba". Big brother continues to be his favorite person of all. He can do no wrong in Jake's eyes.
His diet is still mostly nursing, but with fruits, veggies, and cereal as well. He is a good eater. It is so fun to feed a baby who actually enjoys it and doesn't have to be tricked into opening his mouth for the next bite (like Eric). I actually have to scrape the jar to get out every last bite for him! Carrots are his favorite, by far.
He is wearing a lot of 12 month clothes, which were Eric's and it's wierd to think that when Eric was this size, wearing these clothes, he was running around the house in them. I wish we could have them both together at the same age to compare!
*ERIC*
Our Eric is a bundle of energy! And smart as can be. He still loves animals to the point of obsession; though in the past few months he's been really in to dinosaurs, so at least we're getting some variety in there :) He is a bottomless pit when it comes to food. He loves veggies and fruit, but also chips and chocolate. It's not uncommon for him to request salad for breakfast.
Sleep was getting just awful with Eric. An hour and a half to go down for nap or night and we were exhausted! I was at the end of my rope with the whole thing. I talked to my mom and mom-in-law about it a few weeks ago and basically decided to just follow my instincts and "love him to sleep" a little more. Maybe I'll write more about that some time. But long story short, things are going soo much better around here, and while he's still not awesome at sleeping, the stress and frustration (for ALL of us) has been relieved, and he's doing much better! Thanks, God!
Jake & Daddy
Frozen yogurt after dinner out with my family for my birthday.
Pa & Jake
These babies love their Granny!
Sitting up
We made a family trip to Home Depot last week to get plants. I made Christian hold me back when we went past the beautifully colored annuals, and everything I usually plant. The fact is that those things die. I don't have time right now to take care of too many plants, so we decided on cactus. And some tomatoes and cucumbers for Eric, too.
He had fun helping
Reading with Pa
The Boys
Christian's work has been really busy lately (thank you, Lord).
Jacob was helping Dad write up his invoices for the day.
It's hard work!
A cupcake for breakfast reward after a really good night of sleeping.
Playing with Gracie Belle!
No comments:
Post a Comment