Friday, February 11, 2011

Jake the Tank ~ 4 mos

We just got home from Jacob's 4 month check-up (although he's closer to 4.5 months). This huggable, kissable sack of potatoes is 20 pounds, 11 ounces. And 27" long. He's in the 97th percentile for height, weight and head circumfrence. So at least he's proportional :)

Last Saturday we decided to go ahead and try rice cereal, becase he sucked down a 4 oz bottle for my mom about an hour after I nursed him. She said, "umm, I think Jake's really hungry". So we tried it. I made it really runny, remembering how Eric couldn't figure out how to swallow it (and generally hated it).

The first time I brought the spoon to his lips he opened his mouth wide and said "Finally!" - well, almost. He gobbled it down, and now gets 2T+ cereal mixed with milk twice a day. And loves it!

I was a little worried he was like a weiner dog, or goldfish, who would eat until he exploded, but the doctor assured me today that wasn't the case.


Also last week I decided to give this guy a little trim. The back of his head was looking a little shaggy (hard to tell with the craziness of the rest of his hair, but still). So I just trimmed the hairline in the back.
The beginnings of a pony tail

Clean-cut baby

Yesterday I layed Jacob down on his back and left the room. When I came back, this is what I saw:
So apparently, he rolls over :)

For the past couple weeks, he's been only wearing 9 month clothes. He'd been wearing a few pieces for a while, but now I have packed away all the 6 month stuff.

 ...almost always

 Sweet sleeping boy

I love these boys!

Sink Bath

No comments: