It's been a while since our last post, so this will be a bit of a catch-up. I use this blog as a sort of way to keep track of what Eric is up to (I've been working on his baby book and I'm always checking back to see when things happened). So, I'll tell you what he's been up to. Feel free to skim down to the pictures :)
All of his teeth are in now. No one I've talked to knows or can remember when they get any more... So anyway, at least he's done for now.
Eric is talking ALL THE TIME! And everyday he comes out with these random words like drawer and zipper and panda. He has developed this little "accent" for some words. Like he used to say "more", but he changed it to "moish". Not sure why... He also joins in and sings with me some times with ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (he must really like that tune). When he is sorting through things or looking at more than one of something he says "two, three". Sometimes he throws in a "five" or a "nine". Also says his ABC's ("A, B, A, B, A, B,...). ;)
Eric seems to be slowly moving out of his Mommy obsession and is remembering how great Daddy and other people are. Our baby-proofing efforts are becoming a joke now that he can climb on/over just about everything. A not-so-fun development is how he is expressing himself and his frustrations with tantrums (total drama-king - throws his head back and yells, falls to the ground, etc.). Thankfully they are short-lived and really only happen when he's tired. I'm sure it's just the beginning :)
Eric is really into babies right now, and always wants to point out whether a person or animal is a mama, a daddy, or a baby in his books. Hopefully he still thinks babies are cool when he gets one to keep!
He continues to be the sweetest little boy. Both Christian's and my favorite time of day is when we hear that early morning call and he comes in to snuggle and have his milk in Mommy and Daddy's bed. We're looking forward to adding another little snuggler to this routine!
I got some great pictures of Baby Jake this week at my anatomical ultrasound scan. I was amazed at how much he looks like Eric! Granted, it's not like I've studied a whole lot of ultrasound images, so maybe they all would look like Eric to me. But his profile, and bone structure sure looked like Bubba. He would not sit still! It took forever to get the view of the heart, because he was flipping and spinning all over the place! We are so thankful for another healthy little boy!
Ok, now here are some pictures...



1 comment:
Eric and Will must compare notes when they get together because those sound like so many of the things W. does - and he was so fascinated by Uncle Steve's Peek-a-boo Barn game. I think the picture in the car with the hat on looks like Azalea. Eric and Eden (and the new babies) are so lucky to have Pa so close by - awesome to garden with him!!
Post a Comment